Is it better to be “Single”, or “In a Relationship?
To figure out which is truly the best way to go, I am simply going to list a list of positives and negatives for both, and assign points both arbitrarily, but accordingly. Here Goes.
Advantages of Being Single
1. You can do basically whatever you want, whenever you want. Freedom. +1
2. You can flirt with whoever you want without negative consequences (unless you’re truly a slut). +1
3. You can get to know more people better, instead of focusing all attention on one person. +1
4. You can focus on other things in life…. like school/work… your future. +1
5. You can co-opt happiness. You become dependent yourself on happiness and gain a sense of independence. +1
Disadvantages of Being Single
1. You get a little lonely when your friends talk about their boyfriends/girlfriends, or you end up in awkward third wheel situations. -1
2. You live for the future, instead of for the present. -1
3. This can lead to low self-esteem if you already can’t handle being alone for too long or i.e. am a clingy person. -1
Advantages of Being in a Relationship
1. You have someone to do stuff with, basically whenever you want. Infinite Companionship. +1
2. You always have someone to talk to (or you should at least). +1
3. There’s an amazing feeling when you’re with the one you like/love. +1
4. You’re never lonely on Friday Nights. +1
5. You live in the present, and enjoy each life from day to day, instead of longing for a better future. +1
Disadvantages of Being in a Relationship
1. Cause when a heart breaks, no it don’t break even. -1
2. You have to care for more than just yourself. As humans we are all innately selfish – to be able to care about more than 1 person is time consuming, to say the least. -1
3. If you’re a clingy person, you’re going to create problems, cause there ain’t no way you’re going to be with your significant other 24/7. You can lose the ability to be happy on your own. -1
In the end, I have no tackled the answer myself, for the score in the end becomes 2 – 2. Ultimately, it will up to everyone on whether they want to tackle the issue or not. Being Single can be healthy. So can being in a healthy, growing relationship. What do you think? Vote below!